Here is a list of services we provide. Read on for more information on each topic!
- Cataract Evaluation
- Comprehensive Eye Exam
- Extensive Ocular Health Exams
- Glaucoma Eye Exam
- Infant and Child Eye Exam
- Laser Refractive Surgery (Lasik, Lasek, PRK, ICL, Etc)
- Low Vision Eye Exam
- Medical Eye Emergencies (Same Day Appointment Available)
- Myopia Progression Control: Orth0-Keratology
- Specialty Contact Lens Fitting Exam
- Specialty Eye Exam
- Allergy Workup
- Computer Efficiency Exam
- Dry Eye Exam
- As we age, the lens in our eye can become cloudy, leading to an impairment of your vision.
- Help to diagnose and manage your cataract.
- If vision is significantly reduced, we can recommend a trusted local surgeon for the operation.
- Perform all the preoperative and postoperative care in our office.
- The proper treatment and management of your cataract can lead to a whole new world of vision, so please do not hesitate to call us to schedule an appointment.
COMPREHENSIVE EYE EXAM
Maintaining excellent eye health and to uncover many symptomless diseases that can affect the eye and threaten vision, includes:
- Glasses Prescription
- Color blindness tests
- Glaucoma screening
- Health of the front of the eye using microscope
- Pupil dilation using eye drops
- Retinal exam for ocular health within the back of the eye
- Visual fields exam
- Usually take an hour, so please plan accordingly
- Usually covered by Vision Plans (VSP, Eyemed, Davis, Superior, etc)
DIABETIC/HYPERTENSION EYE EXAM
- It is vital that a person diagnosed with diabetes or hypertension has a comprehensive eye exam every year.
- Diabetes can lead to the development of new blood vessels in the back of the eye, which over time may leak and cause damage to the retina, resulting in vision loss.
- Our doctors communicate with your primary care physicians to relay findings, which assist your physician in determining the number and types of medications necessary to maintain proper diabetic control.
- With the aid of advanced digital retinal photography at our office, the earliest changes associated with diabetes are detected.
- In the case of advanced diabetic eye disease, we work closely with board certified retinal specialists in the area to refer patients for sight saving laser treatment and or Avastin injections.
EXTENSIVE OCULAR HEALTH EXAMS
Using our state of the art technological such as Laser Optical Coherence Tomgraphy (OCT), Corneal Topography, Anterior segment camera, Fundus Retinal camera and Humphrey visual fields, we can efficiently manage and treat many of these ocular conditions including but not limited to:
GLAUCOMA EYE EXAM
- Glaucoma is a problem when the optic nerve inside your eye is damaged from either having too high of a fluid pressure and or having many of the other risk factors involved.
- This is called "the silent thief" as vision is lost slowly through destruction of the nerve fibers comprising the optic nerve, leading to side vision loss.
- If not controlled, this can lead to eventual blindness.
- We screen for glaucoma during our annual comprehensive eye examinations and if a suspicion arises, we will recommend that you return for further in depth glaucoma testing.
- This testing will include extensive peripheral field analysis, 3D optic nerve digital photography, laser light imaging and measurements of the optic nerve as well as eye pressure profiles taken during different times of the day.
- From these and other test results, we will determine whether you are presently diagnosed with glaucoma, a glaucoma suspect, or simply demonstrate glaucoma-like qualities but are completely normal for you.
- Once the diagnosis is made, the doctor will explain your status and recommend the best course of action to fit the diagnosis.
INFANT AND CHILD EYE EXAM
- Recommended Exams: Age 3-5, before 1st grade and annual/biannual years after that.
- Along with a yearly visit to the pediatrician, an annual eye exam is key to making sure your child is healthy from head to toe, and ready to give school their best shot.
- Detect for any high refractive error, Strabismus (eye turn), amblyopia, congenital eye diseases.
- The care of children's vision differs from the care that we provide to adults.
- The equipment that we use on children is specialized to both test vision without restricting their natural movements and minimize the natural fear of the exam.
- Studies have shown:
- 1 in 4 kids has an undetected vision problem.
- Vision changes can occur without your kid even noticing.
- Undetected vision issues lead to learning problems.
- Poor vision can lead to low confidence in school and sports.
- Regular pediatric eye exams are at the heart of kids’ success in school.
Schedule kids’ eye exams yearly before school starts make sure your kids are ready to take on their year.
Laser Refractive Surgery (LASIK, LASEK, PRK, ICL etc)
- Tired of your glasses or contact lenses? Interested in "laser refractive surgery,"?
- We have coordinated our services with several prominent refractive surgeons to provide our patients with the most comprehensive, personalized laser treatment services.
- Our doctors evaluate patients as to their ocular health and probability of success with refractive surgery.
- Next, we review the "laser refractive surgery" options along with our patient's after surgery goals/expectations, and we select the surgical technique best suited to each patient.
- We perform a preoperative evaluation where any difficulties with dry eyes, chronic infection or inflammation are eliminated or controlled prior to surgery.
- Then the degree of laser correction is determined and conveyed to both the surgeon and the laser center.
- The surgery will be performed at one of the four state of the art "Laser Vision Centers" that is closest to your home.
- The post-operative visits are done in our office over a six to nine month period depending on each patient's natural recovery pace.
The rebirth of clear vision without your dependance on glasses or contact lenses is a goal that can be reached just by visiting our office and asking us to begin the process.
LOW VISION EYE EXAM
- If you have a retinal disease such as glaucoma, cataracts, macular degeneration, or diabetic retinopathy, it's important to have a low vision examination – performed by an eye provider who specializes in the field.
- This is to determine whether special low vision optical devices, better lighting, large print reading materials, or other types of training, such as vision rehabilitation services which help the person with low vision to use his or her functional vision more effectively.
- We look forward to helping you improve your vision and have an independent life-style as possible.
MEDICAL EYE EMERGENCIES (Same day appointment available)
- Foreign particles in the eye such as small pieces of glass or metal
- Eye infections/Red eyes
- Adverse reactions to contact lenses (i.e., contacts that have become "stuck" to the eye)
- Eye pain and vision disturbances caused by chemical exposure
- New floaters (spots, strings, cobwebs, or shadows before the eyes)
- Flashes or streaks of light
- Sudden or gradual loss of vision
**Please contact our office and we will schedule you for the next possible appointment that day. We can prescribe the needed medications and send the prescription to your pharmacy directly to make it easy as possible. Please be prepared to be dilated if needed.
**Usually, covered under majority of medical insurance policies and our office accepts most major health insurance for these services.
MYOPIA PROGRESSION CONTROL: ORTHO-KERATOLOGY
- Orthokeratology is the use of rigid gas-permeable contact lenses, normally worn only at night, to improve vision through the reshaping of the cornea.
- This method can be used as an alternative to eyeglasses, refractive surgery, or for those who prefer not to wear contact lenses during the day due to sports or other activities.
- Non-invasive procedure to gradually reshape the curvature of your eyes to improve vision.
- Popular among children and adults, Ortho-K is completely reversible and provides corrected vision without wearing glasses.
- Slow down the progression of myopia/near-sightedness, which can lead to more serious retinal degeneration at an older age.
Please call for a free consult to see if you are a good candidate.
SPECIALTY CONTACT LENS FITTING EXAM
- Soft Lenses - Daily, Weekly, or Monthly Disposable Lenses, as Well as Extended (Overnight) Wear, Silicone Hydrogel Lenses
- Toric Soft Lenses - Astigmatism Correction
- Multifocal Lenses - Distance & Near Vision Correction (Like Bifocal Eyeglasses)
- Color & Cosmetic Lenses - Enhance or completely change your eye color
- Gas Permeable “Hard” Lenses - Made of more durable, moderately flexible plastics that offer sharp vision, but require a longer adaptation period
- Keratoconus Speciality Lenses - Gas permeable lens
- Custom-Fit (Hybrid) Specialty Lenses - Correction of Irregular Corneal Surfaces
**Many of these contact lens service and materials can be fully covered as “medically necessary” to your vision plan.
SPECIALTY EYE EXAM
- Do you find yourself with itchy, watery, red eyes in spring and summer? These reasons can lead to a lot of pollen and allergens in the air.
- From over the counter medications to prescription strength eye drops we can find an efficient, personalized solution to alleviate your symptoms and get you back doing the things you love to do.
COMPUTER EFFICIENCY EXAM
- Do you use the computer or your mobile devices longer than 6 hours a day either at work or at home?
- This can leave your eyes strained, fatigued, and dry and your neck muscles stiff.
- Offer necessary vision tests specifically at computer distance and offer lenses that are specifically designed with extensive computer use in mind.
- They allow for reduction of the ergonomic stress placed on the neck and eyes, leaving you relaxed and comfortable.
DRY EYE EXAM
- Do you find yourself with dry, itchy eyes? Or suffer from chronic tearing and discomfort? These are all signs of a problem with chronically dry eyes.
- Many people suffer from chronic dry eye, which is a term used to describe a condition in which the eyes either produce too few tears or they tear, but their tears are chemically imbalanced. More often than not, it is a result of the natural aging process.
- But it may be due to other conditions such as problems with the blinking reflex, use of certain medications, chemical or environmental conditions or some systemic health problems such as arthritis or Sjorgren's syndrome.
- During your exam, a wide variety of procedures may be done which may include the placement of fluorescein dye and the use of filter paper to help indicate the amount of tears being produced by your eye.
- All these tests will investigate both the quality and quantity of tears produced by your body.
- Once the problem is isolated, the doctors will work closely with you to find the best possible solution. These exams last about half an hour.